Who needs to complete the RSA course?

This varies from State to State

In general RSA training applies to:

  • licensees;
  • approved managers;
  • staff, including promotional staff, involved in the sale, supply and service of alcohol;
  • volunteers, including club directors, who have liquor service responsibilities and
  • security officers with crowd control duties.
Are the courses suitable for flight attendants?

The Responsible Service of Alcohol course is accepted by airlines hiring cabin crew.

Which training providers offer the RSA course?

RSA training must be undertaken by a training provider approved by the the required licensing authority.

Students are issued with an approved certificate on behalf of the Authority on completion of the course. This certificate needs to be retained by students and a copy needs to be provided to the venue management, as it is required to be kept in a register by the licensee at the premises.

What is the difference between on-line and face to face training?

Online training for RSA in NSW is only available from a small amount of registered training providers (RTO’s) who have been approved by L&GNSW NSW. Urban E-Learning are fully approved to deliver RSA NSW training online. Face to face training is provided by a number of Registered Training Providers (RTO’s) in NSW but students are obviously required to attend a classroom-based course, which is not convenient for most people. Our online learning solution provides a convenient alternative to this.
The Australian Club Training RSA NSW Online course is self-paced and doesn’t have to be taken and completed all at once. So you can do the course at your leisure without taking time off work and no need for the expense of parking or transport, babysitters, or time organising these. You also have the option of reviewing your course presentation slides at any stage to refresh your memory, when situations arise at work. You can complete it in the comfort of your own home. The level of training is consistent and not dependent on the trainer that you get on the day.

Are there any other computer requirements?

Speakers or headphones are required in order to watch and listen to the multimedia course presentation slides and the videos provided as part of the case study assessment.

What type of computer is required? Does it work with Mac’s?

The main course content is delivered as multimedia presentation slides which incorporates a voiceover to talk you through each slide, you will also have access to PDF versions of each module to enable you to conveniently review specific areas of information. You will require Adobe Reader which works on Windows or Mac computers to access the PDF course slides. The course slides and Case Study videos can be watched on all computer types as long as you have an internet connection, similar requirements to watching a YouTube video.

What type of internet connection is required?

Internet connections sufficient to watch videos will suffice. Certainly all cable or ADSL and ADSL2 connections will be fine. Additionally we recommend that you are able to watch the course slides and Case Study videos, which would not be viewable on dial-up.

What web browsers are supported?

Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are recommended. Firefox if available is the better choice.

Where can I download the browser plugins?

The following plugins and software are free.

Mozilla Firefox – our preferred internet browsers.

Adobe Acrobat Reader – used to view/print your certificate.

What about GST?

This course does not have GST as it is work related training.

Can I get a Tax deduction?

Please contact your accountant

How do I get my RSA certificate?

Once you have successfully completed the assessments and provided your ID, we will submit your details to L&GNSW NSW. Within a few days you will receive an Interim Certificate from L&GNSW, once you have received this you have 90 days to obtain your PhotoCard.

We use the standard Adobe Acrobat PDF file so you can easily print or email the files when you finish the course. You can also log back into the course and print or email them at any time you need it in the future. If you can’t remember your login, don’t worry, just give us a call and we can retrieve it for you.

I have lost my certificate / Login details?

You can log back in and print or email your certificates any time you need to (provided they are still valid) Please contact us via phone, email, or live chat if you are having any difficulties logging in. Please check your receipt to confirm that you did the course through us. We can only help if your are one of our customers.

How much time does the RSA course take?

The course and assessments will take approximately 5-6 hours to complete, however, you can break up your learning making it self-paced, so you can take as long as you like.

Can I do some of the course now and the rest later?

Absolutely! Our course is divided into sections of learning.

Your page will be automatically bookmarked when you exit, this makes it easy to continue where you left off

My registration email is missing, how can i find it?

Many email programs place these kind of emails in the “junk email” folder so please check there. If you can not find the email please contact support.

Can I do the course outside Australia? (I would like to come for a working holiday)

Yes absolutely. Australia has different laws in every state so you need to check the requirements to see what is required in the States/Territories of Australia that you intend to visit. You can not use your certificates outside Australia.

How long do I have to complete the course?

You have access to the system to complete the course for 3 months from when you make payment.

What happens if I fail?

You can continue to take the assessments until you pass. (There is no extra cost)

How do I pay?

You can pay via credit or visa debit.

If these are not possible then we can send you an EFT form, or you can send us a money order (we accept no responsibility for money orders that are lost in the post). In both of these cases it can take 3-5 days to gain access to the course.

I have more questions?

Please contact us here and we will be happy to provide you with the answer.

Unique Student Identifier (USI)

Beginning in 2015 if you are undertaking nationally recognised training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Your USI gives you access to your online USI account which will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results from 1 January 2015 onwards.

If you don’t already have your USI number this can be created easily through the profile section of your account. For more information regarding the USI please visit www.usi.gov.au.