This course provides the required NSW specific RSA content fully approved by Liquor and Gaming NSW. This course is only recognised in NSW and does not result in a statement of attainment for SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol. If you wish to work in a licensed premises in other states or territories, you may be required to complete a full, nationally recognised RSA course in order to obtain a statement of attainment. You should check with the governing body of each state or territory that you may wish to work in for their specific RSA training requirements. Once you have successfully completed the course assessments, we notify OLGR NSW who will issue you an Interim Certificate, which you must then use to go through the process of getting a Photocard. This process is facilitated by Service NSW, and is described on our home page.
NOTE: The SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol Statement of Attainment by itself is NOT valid in NSW.
Please allow approximately 5-6 hours to complete this course and the related assessments
The course will teach you to:
- Identify customers to whom service should be refused.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic beverages responsibly.
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits.
- Assist alcohol affected customers.
Responsible Service of Alcohol training is required for all staff serving alcoholic beverages.
Knowledge and skills from this course:
- Your ability to apply the requirements of responsible service of alcohol legislation to beverage service situations.
- Your understanding of the consequences of non compliance in relation to the legislation on the business and individual staff members.
- Your ability to apply the knowledge of Responsible Service of Alcohol and harm minimization to beverage service situations.
Some common occupations for workers in the hospitality industry who may serve alcoholic beverages are:
- Cellar Hand.
- Food and Beverage Attendant.
- Bar Attendant.
- Bottle Shop Attendant.
- Host / Hostess.
- Cocktail Bar Attendant.
- Sommelier (wine steward).
- Room Service Staff.
- Glass Collectors.
The information provided in the course will help you understand the role of your employers in complying with the legislation and your role and responsibilities when serving drinks containing alcohol to patrons.
Please note that this course is applicable only to participants in New South Wales.