Date PostedMay 13, 2019

Young Man Died After Drink Lean Purple Drank Popularised by U.S. Hip Hop Artists

The popular purple drink (Purple Drank) made popular by American Hip Hop Artists has made it to our shores and claimed the life of a young man in Darwin.

The man was at a house party and consumed the toxic cocktail of prescription pain kills, alcohol and Purple Drank.

Also called Lean, the mix of prescription drugs and soft drink made famous by rappers in The USA was the cause of death of 22 year old Fazan Khan in January 2018.

An inquest has heard that the drink had contributed to the death of the young man which he apparently always drank.

In the United States Lean has been linked to a number of fatalities.

Source: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-11/darwin-man-dies-after-drinking-lean-purple-drank/10993952

Share This With Your Friends:

Peter Cutforth is a Director at Urban E-Learning, a global elearning, OH&S training, and web strategy firm based in Little Edward St. Spring Hill, Brisbane, Australia. Urban E-Learning provides compliance related online , Distance and Face-to-Face training products in the construction, hospitality and heavy vehicle transport sectors, to name a few. Examples include the White Card Construction induction course and the RSA - Responsible Service of Alcohol course.Peter's interests extend to training, safety and compliance, online marketing, and Mobile Apps.

Posted in Industry News Tagged with: , , , , ,