The popular purple drink (Purple Drank) made popular by American Hip Hop Artists has made it to our shores and claimed the life of a young man in Darwin.
The man was at a house party and consumed the toxic cocktail of prescription pain kills, alcohol and Purple Drank.
Also called Lean, the mix of prescription drugs and soft drink made famous by rappers in The USA was the cause of death of 22 year old Fazan Khan in January 2018.
An inquest has heard that the drink had contributed to the death of the young man which he apparently always drank.
In the United States Lean has been linked to a number of fatalities.