Date PostedJuly 7, 2015

Toddler in Hospital with Alcohol Poisoning after Drinking Hand Sanitizer

Royal Children's hospital

Source: TheAge.com.au

A toddler was taken to hospital with alcohol poisoning last year and it wasn’t from getting her hands on her parents liquor cabinet, it was from drinking hand sanitiser.

Now there are calls for hand sanitisers to have safety warnings on the bottle.

The doctors estimated the toddler must have consumed at least 55ml of a product containing 70 per cent alcohol to reach a level of alcohol toxicity five times over the legal adult alcohol limit.

A string of similar events have taken place overseas recently, highlighting the growing concern for bottles to carry warnings.

Read more here.

Share This With Your Friends:

Peter Cutforth is a Director at Urban E-Learning, a global elearning, OH&S training, and web strategy firm based in Little Edward St. Spring Hill, Brisbane, Australia. Urban E-Learning provides compliance related online , Distance and Face-to-Face training products in the construction, hospitality and heavy vehicle transport sectors, to name a few. Examples include the White Card Construction induction course and the RSA - Responsible Service of Alcohol course. Peter's interests extend to training, safety and compliance, online marketing, and Mobile Apps.

Posted in Industry News Tagged with: , , , , ,