Residents of Sydney will be pleased to hear the RSA course is now available online in your state. The Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing (OLGR NSW) has just approved the Online RSA new Course in NSW to run for a twelve month trial period.
Responsible Service of Alcohol Course Online New!
Why bother with costly and time consuming face-to-face training when you can obtain your RSA certificate quickly and economically from the convenience and comfort of your own home.
The Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing (OLGR NSW) have appointed a few select Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) to conduct the training, while having to submit to strict guidelines relating particularly to student ID verification and Best Practice Guidelines for delivering online RSA training as well as AQTF national training guidelines.
As the course content has been OLGR NSW approved, it will be consistent across all the RTO’s offering the training. According to OLGR NSW the RTO’s must ensure the course:
- Contains and abides by the principles and practices of the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA).
- Contains RSA training that is governed by NSW State liquor laws and completion of an RSA course is mandatory for licensees, serving and security staff.
The course consists of four sections that will need to be completed before the certificate is obtained and will include expert’s knowledge and training from industry insiders. The topics to be covered include: Introduction to RSA, RSA Legislation, Impact of Alcohol and RSA strategies.
- Introduction to RSA will teach you the principles of RSA and the role of the Government in developing and enforcing RSA legislation in Sydney and NSW in general. Government officers and experienced licensees will explain many of these details so that you gain a thorough understanding.
- The RSA legislation section will provide you with the skills and knowledge to sell or serve alcohol according to NSW legislation. Here you’ll learn about the legal requirements of RSA. Industry professionals will explain the key aspects of RSA legislation and how it applies to your role in industry.
- The Impact of alcohol section will familiarise you with the risks alcohol presents to your patrons, including long-term health problems, associated with alcohol consumption. You will also learn how alcohol impacts on personal and community health. A health professional will outline issues related to the sale and service of alcohol for different types of customers, especially those at risk. You will also see how to provide accurate information to customers on alcoholic beverages.
- RSA strategies will be covered in the last section to equip you will the skill and ability to comply with liquor laws. Here you will engage in role plays demonstrating best practice in RSA strategies. You’ll also hear from licensees about how RSA is typically applied by staff in the workplace to gain some practical knowledge of the industry.
Once you have completed the course you will receive a Statement of Attainment and we will submit your application to the OLGR NSW portal and email an interim certificate to you. You can then arrange with the Post Office to have your photo verified and get a Photo Competency Card issued by them.
Although the new online course for NSW was launched on 1st of July, there were no training providers ready on the day. However early in the week 2 providers have become available online. www.rsaonlinensw.com has proved the most economical at just $139 (including the Photocard fee, OLGR and Australia Post charge $70 for the competency card regardless of whether you complete the course online or face-to-face, however this $70 is normally included in the cost of the training)
NSW RSA certificate can open up a whole new world of opportunity for those wanting to enter the exciting industry of alcohol service. This new launch just makes it that much easier, all you need is a computer and internet access. No more costly training institutes and time off work. Also save on travelling costs and complete the course from the comfort of your own home. Visit www.rsaonlinensw.com today and register, your new career is only hours away.
Posted by Peter Cutforth
Australian Club Training
44 Market Street
Sydney NSW 2000