Date PostedAugust 23, 2016

Perth Tourist Treated for Alcohol Poisoning in Bali

bali

While we often stress the importance of drinking responsibly and moderately while on a night on the town, its important we also practice safe and responsible drinking when on holiday and even more so.

In fact Australians travelling to Indonesia are being advised to avoid drinking spirits after one Australian women was left in hospital with alcohol poisoning and more than $50,000 in medical bills while on holiday in Bali.

The young woman from Perth is apparently stuck on the island after racking up medical bills due to methanol poisoning from drinking cheap alcohol.

The woman had to have emergency surgery to have half her pancreas removed after she suffered methanol poisoning from cheap alcohol.

Read the full story at: http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/perth-tourist-stuck-in-bali-icu-after-suffering-poisoning-from-cheap-alcohol-20160720-gq9td1.html

Share This With Your Friends:

Peter Cutforth is a Director at Urban E-Learning, a global elearning, OH&S training, and web strategy firm based in Little Edward St. Spring Hill, Brisbane, Australia. Urban E-Learning provides compliance related online , Distance and Face-to-Face training products in the construction, hospitality and heavy vehicle transport sectors, to name a few. Examples include the White Card Construction induction course and the RSA - Responsible Service of Alcohol course. Peter's interests extend to training, safety and compliance, online marketing, and Mobile Apps.

Posted in Industry News Tagged with: , , , , , , ,