Date PostedMay 29, 2017

Mother Issues Warning After Teenage Son Almost Dies of Alcohol Poisoning

paramedic

Source: Abc.net.au

A mother is reminding parents about the dangers of peer pressure after her son almost died after drinking shots of vodka at school.

Jo Owen shared her story on social media after she found her son slumped over from alcohol poisoning.

The distraught mum knew something was wrong when her son battled to put together a sentence and began vomiting profusely.

The boy landed in hospital after he began drinking vodka at school that the “popular” kids brought in Coke bottles. She said teenagers just was to fit in with the popular crowd and impress them.

She described the risk as ” real and can be deadly”.

She also stressed the importance of educating teens about having their own identities, being different and not needing to impress anyone.

Visit https://au.news.yahoo.com for more.

Share This With Your Friends:

Peter Cutforth is a Director at Urban E-Learning, a global elearning, OH&S training, and web strategy firm based in Little Edward St. Spring Hill, Brisbane, Australia. Urban E-Learning provides compliance related online , Distance and Face-to-Face training products in the construction, hospitality and heavy vehicle transport sectors, to name a few. Examples include the White Card Construction induction course and the RSA - Responsible Service of Alcohol course. Peter's interests extend to training, safety and compliance, online marketing, and Mobile Apps.

Posted in Industry News Tagged with: , , , , , ,