The NSW Government has released it’s latest half-yearly violent venues list and thankfully we’ve seen a decline in the number of venues listed.
Liquor & Gaming NSW Deputy Secretary Paul Newson, said the results show that levels of alcohol-related violence continue to trend down.
Only 2 venues now feature on the most restrictive level one category as compared to 6 months ago when there were 3 venues in the category. The number of level 2 venues has also fallen from 11 to 10.
Authorities say this shows that the violent venues scheme is having a positive impact in encouraging venues to minimise levels of alcohol-related violence.
The number of incidents reported has declined from 1270 to 183.
Level 1 venues listed are,
- The Argyle, Sydney – 25 incidents
- The Coast Hotel, Coffs Harbour – 19 incidents
Level 2 venues include,
- Ivy, Sydney – 17 incidents
- The Sunken Monkey Hotel, Erina – 17 incidents
- Sydney Junction Hotel, Hamilton – 16 incidents
- Amaroo Hotel, Dubbo – 15 incidents
- Narellan Hotel, Narellan – 13 incidents
- King Street Hotel, Newcastle West – 13 incidents
- Beach Road Hotel, Bondi Beach – 12 incidents
- Camden Hotel, Camden – 12 incidents
- Sugar Lounge (NSW) Pty Ltd – 12 incidents
- Fusion, Cronulla – 12 incidents