Christmas is finally here and while it is usually marked by overindulgence, we should probably keep in mind that dreaded January detoxing to undo the excesses of the festive season that is never any fun.
Whether its chocolates, puddings, mince pies or beers, everyone has their weakness when it comes to Christmas.
Here are the top foods to avoid or consume sparingly this Christmas,
- Shortbread : this buttery Christmas favourite happens to be calorie laden. A healthier option would be biscotti.
- Dips: The cream cheese base and chips you usually enjoy dips with are high in fat and calories.
- Pastry based canapes: All the mini quiches, pies and sausage rolls are high in calories and because of their bite size you seldom realise how many you’re eating.
- Chocolates: These tasty treats are everywhere and who can resist but these are extremely calorific, so eat them in moderation or you’ll regret it later.
- Alcoholic drinks: You probably can’t avoid alcohol all together but try mixing your wine with sparkling water to make spritzers instead. This is lower in calories and alcohol.